Yappy Hour Brew In
The Yappy Hour Brew In is this Saturday at 10 am. It was originally scheduled for 12 pm, but due the extreme heat forecasted, we’ve moved it up two hours. If you aren’t brewing, don’t worry if you can be there by 10. Come whenever you can.
We’ll be doing potluck style snacks. If you are coming, you are encouraged to bring something to share! LAGERS will provide plates, napkins, utensils, and drinks. Also, please bring some homebrew! If someone wants to bring a keg, contact me so I can arrange to have the jockey box there. I’d also suggest buying a few beers for ABW to say thank you for hosting.
Yappy Hour FAQ
I’m getting lots of questions, so I wanted to post all the information in one place.
Essentially, the idea is what you brew some wort at home (or at the brew-in on 8/26) then the wort is taken inside ABW and made into beer as the licensed brewery. Along the way, we help them manage the fermentations, transfers, packaging and carbonating. On September 30th, club members serve the beers at an event called Yappy Hour. This is a dog friendly event that is designed to promote craft beer and awareness for the ABW, LAGERS and the Humane Society. After all the beer is sold, a donation matching the proceeds from the event will be made to the Louisville Chapter of the Kentucky Humane Society. In 2022 we donated $3000 and our goal for this year is $4000!
So, here is what you need to know:
– Ingredients can be picked up during business hours at Brewgrass Homebrew Store.
– ABW will supply grain and yeast (Thanks Leah!!!)
– Brewgrass Homebrew will supply hops (Thanks John!!!)
– Members will be responsible for any adjuncts they want to add. Grain and hops should come from Brewgrass’ regular inventory if possible. Non-stock grains/hops may be available based on supply chain constraints but will require two weeks’ notice before pickup. If you want something novel, please supply it yourself. If you have questions about what Brewgrass has in stock, either call him or email me (email@example.com).
– The deadline to submit a recipe was August 12th. If you still want to sign up, contact me ASAP!
– Recipes must be:
- Limited to 1.060
- May be 5- or 10-gallon batches (two 5-gallon batches or one 10-gallon batch per member). Smaller batches are also allowed.
– Ingredient pickup will take place at Brewgrass Homebrew starting August 12th.
– House yeast will be provided, or you can supply your own. (S-05, S-04, Lager, Kviek). Nothing funky, but Philly Sour is ok. (I’m talking to you, Brandon!)
– Following the brew day, you are then responsible for all transfers of your beer including secondary (if desired) and kegging.
-You may drop off your beer at Apocalypse starting August 26th. Please make sure your fermenter is clearly marked with your name.
-You must provide your own fermenter and the keg.
– ABW will carbonate the beers, but you must have your beer in a keg by September 23rd.
– You must be a LAGERS member to brew beer, but not to attend the brew-in or event.
If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.