Hey LAGERS! As we’ve previously announced, Yappy Hour 2022 will take place on November 12th! Each year, LAGERS and ABW raise thousands of dollars for the Humane Society and this year we’d like to do the same.
Here is a timeline of events:
- Now through 9/16: Sign up to brew a beer. If you wish to brew a beer for Yappy Hour (and we encourage EVERYONE to do this!), please sign up using this form.
- 9/17 – 9/23: Apocalypse will source the ingredients for us.
- 9/24 – 10/1: Pick up your ingredients from Apocalypse.
- 10/8: Wort due back at Apocalypse. Please label your fermentation vessel prior to drop-off. It is your responsibility to check on the beer and complete any additions and transfers.
- 10/8- 11/6: Primary and secondary fermentation. A basic timeline consists of 2 weeks of primary, 1 week in secondary/crash cooling and 1 week carbonating and conditioning. However, you may do whatever you prefer in regard to stages, timing, etc. – it’s your beer and you are responsible for it.
- 11/6: Beer must be in kegs. ABW will carbonate the beers, but you must have your beer in a keg by November 6th. If you do not have a keg, please let us know and we will work on acquiring one for you. Please pressure test your keg first for leaks.
The brew-in for Yappy Hour is an opportunity for us to showcase homebrewing and the Club. You do not have to brew for Yappy Hour to attend or volunteer at the event. We’ll be sending out a separate sign up sheet to volunteer for serving beer with different time slots so you can choose to take a break and get some time to enjoy the event, have some beer, and mingle with friends. We’ll need your help to set up, tear down, and serve the beer.