This summer’s party is almost upon us! Please read all the way to the end for a few last minute reminders and details. For those of you new to the club, at the summer party, we ask everyone to bring a beer to put back in the cellar for next year. Then, we drink the beers we put back in the cellar last year. Also, we ask everyone to bring something for the raffle, and this year we will be judging the session Belgian beers from the Goodwood Bud Hope Brew-Off. Please see below for more details.
910 Flat Rock Rd
Louisville, KY 40245
Saturday, June 10th
2:30pm – Setup
4:00pm – Doors Open, Judging begins
5:30pm – Dinner
6:30pm – Raffle, Judging ends
7:30pm – Taste Cellar Beers
9:00pm – Teardown and cleanup
- Your family – kids are always welcome and this year we even have a bounce house (!) thanks to Lara Augustine
- Anyone you want to introduce to the LAGERS club and homebrewing
- An anticipated Designated, Uber or Lift driver (seriously, we will break out some big beers)
There is plenty of parking, but you may have to get a bit creative. Please be considerate of a couple of things:
- if it’s mulched or looks landscaped, then don’t drive or park on it
- there are saplings growing up everywhere, so don’t drive over them
- pull off to the right to park, so people can pass on the left to get out
- feel free to park in the open grassy areas on the left as you come down the driveway
This it a potluck style party. The Club will be providing the smoked pork (thanks Jason!), as well as plates, cups, utensils and such. We ask you to bring a dish based on the first letter of your last name. You can use our oven and cooktop, so please arrive early if you need to cook or warm something up.
The summer raffle serves as the second of two raffles the club uses to raise operating funds. This year we will have two separate raffles at the summer party. The first will be the raffle for all of the items you all bring. The second is for an SS Brewtech Brew Bucket ($250 value!) that Mike Pemberton got donated for the club, and possibly even a special surprise from Sarah Popko. Here is how it works:
- Regular raffle tickets are $1 a piece.
- Fermenter raffle tickets are $5 a piece
- For every $20 in regular raffle tickets you buy, you get 1 free ticket for the fermenter raffle.
- For every $20 in fermenter raffle tickets you buy, you get 1 free ticket for the fermenter raffle.
- Items to bring for the raffle, include (but not limited to):
- gift cards
- anything YOU would like to win
- (you can also buy a LAGERS t-shirt or howler last minute to throw in the raffle)
The Bud Hope Memorial competition was extended to the summer party. If you brewed a session strength Belgian beer (trappist, saison, wit, etc.) that you wanted to enter in the competition, then please bring the keg to the party. We will put them on a separate jockey box and people will judge them at the party. This will be a popular vote comp, and each person at the party will cast a single vote for the beer they liked. Judging will end right after dinner, and we will announce the winner during the raffle.
What else to Bring:
- Bring a keg of homebrew. BRING a keg of Homebrew. BRING A KEG OF HOMEBREW.
- If you don’t keg yet, then bring some bottles to share.
- We love mead too!
- Lawn chairs (if you have them)
- Yard games (one day I will break down and buy a corn hole set)
If you have any questions, please send an email to: email@example.com or post a question on FB.