Here is your November newsletter.
The November meeting is tomorrow at 6:30 PM at Akasha Brewing. At 7:30, Jerry Nagy, head brewer at Against the Grain, will be talking to us about dry hopping. Come on out, bring some homebrew to share, and enjoy a short talk.
Brandon got us some new shirts! Huge shoutout to him and to Full Bleed Mfg who did a killer job. We made a few tweaks to the original LAGERS logo, and I really think you all are going to dig these shirts! They will be available tomorrow at the meeting for $20. If you can’t make it to a meeting, send me an email and I’ll make sure we set one aside for you.
Thanks to everyone that brewed beer, volunteered, and came out and enjoyed some beers! Yappy Hour was a resounding success, despite the crummy weather. We’ve already raised over $1500, and that number will increase significantly when we crowler and sell the remaining beer.
Next year we’ll move Yappy Hour back to September or October to hopefully hit better weather.
October Beer Spotlight
Octobers winning beer was brewed by none other than Craig Gardone! Hopefully you got a chance to taste this Belgian Tripel, because it was phenomenal. Here is the skinny on that beer from Craig:
This beer was first brewed for the Gordon Biersch BBOTT in November 2015. This was a competition that required the use of WLP570, and I brewed essentially this same beer. This was Batch #91 on my All Grain system.
- 24.0 lb – Breiss two-row Pale Malt
- 8.0 lb – German Pilsner Malt
- 0.5 lb – Sour Malt
- 0.5 lb – Aromatic Malt
- 0.5 lb – Melanoidin Malt
- 2 oz – German Tettanger 3.9%
- 1 oz – Czech Saaz 3.4%
- 2 oz – Williamette 5.7%
- Dried yeast – 4 liter starter at 0.040 O.G.
- 1 oz sweet orange peel – Dried
- Peel of one Clementine orange – Snacking while brewing – Just for good measure
- Boil Water Adjustments: None.
- 2.0 oz German Tettanger 60 min Pellet 3.9% Alpha
- 1.0 oz Williamette 60 min Pellet 5.7% Alpha
- Immersion chiller added 15 min
- 2 tsp Irish Moss 15 min
- 1.0 oz Czech Saaz 10 min Pellet 3.4% Alpha
- 1.0 oz Williamette 10 min Pellet 5.7% Alpha
- 1 tsp Yeast Nutrient 10 min
- Recirculation/Scald Out 10 min Ran pump to scald out system