LAGERS June 2019 Newsletter
- July 1 — Registration Deadline for Kentucky State Fair Homebrew Competition. Click HERE to register.
- July 10 — Late Registration for the KSF Homebrew Competition. Entry fees increase from $5 per entry to $8 per entry after 7/1.
- July 12,13 — Indiana State Fair Brewer’s Cup– Judges and Stewards are still needed! Sign up HERE if you are interested in helping out!
- July 15 — LAGERS Monthly Meeting at Akasha. Chuck Harp will share his expertise on beer judging per BJCP guidelines.
- August 4 — Yappy Hour Brew in at Apocalypse Brew Works. One of the most fun and fantastic LAGERS events of the year, come and brew your recipe at ABW for later sale at Yappy Hour event for proceeds to go to the Louisville Humane Society. Details will be provided soon!!!!
- August 4 — Cumberland Brewery English Ale Competition. Hosted by JD Longhammer, brew your best English (or Irish, or Scottish) Ale. Entries will be judged on 8/4 at the Yappy Hour brew in, and the winner will get to brew their recipe with JD at Cumberland. Details and sign up information coming soon!
- August 7 — Entry turn in for the KSF Homebrew Competition at the fairgrounds.
- August 9,10 — KSF Homebrew Competition Judging and Awards Ceremony
- September 16– LAGERS Monthly Meeting at Akasha. Mark Robinson will be presenting on brewing/fermenting Makgeolli, a Korean rice wine.
- September 20– Yappy Hour at Apocalypse Brew Works. Your recipe brewed at the 8/4 brew in will be on sale at this event! We will need a lot of help from the club to make this event successful once again, so be on the lookout for volunteer sign up information.
- June Monthly Meeting– Evan Brill presented on brewing German Pilsner and brought an excellent example of the style for the club to try. For those of you who may not know, his beer one the May monthly competition. Thanks Evan for sharing, and thanks to Rick for hosting us at Akasha.
We had 8 brewers bring 14 different homebrewed beers to try for our monthly competition. The winner was Jason Rosenberger with his Bavarian Pilsner. Recipe and brewing information will be forthcoming in the next update.
I want to take a moment and thanks all of the brewers who brought samples to the meeting:
Evan Brill, Brandon Schaefer, Greg Butorin, Sarah Popko, Trevor Brock, Henry Hunt, Dave Roelfs, and Mark Robinson.