- January 20th — Monthly Meeting 7PM at Akasha: LAGERS Survey and Homebrew Con
- January 25th — 30th Annual Holiday Party!!!: Thoroughbreds Hall in J-Town at 4PM
- February 1st — Tailspin Ale Festival Competion Entries Due at Apocalypse Brew Works
- February 17th — Monthly Meeting 7PM at Akasha: Guest Speaker Kristi Holsopple
- March 13-15 — NHC First Round Judging in Indianapolis
- March 16th — Monthly Meeting 7PM at Akasha: Graphic Design in Beer
- April 20th — Monthly Meeting 7PM at Akasha: Gintaras Kuzma: Coffee Selection for Beer
Happy New Year LAGERS!!!
Lots of events coming up early this year and are detailed above, but I want to highlight a couple of things.
First of all– the Holiday Party. January 25th. Details HERE. Folks don’t miss this one. We always have great food, many great beers on tap, and of course our raffle. Brandon has done a tremendous job with sponsors and we have a TON of items to raffle off, including a Jaded Brewing HYDRA immersion chiller and a Spike Brewing Flex Fermenter. Come out and celebrate with us and BRING A KEG!!!
Tailspin– A lot of you have been asking about Tailspin for this year, and it IS on! Entries are due at ABW on February 1st and will be judged that day. More info can be found HERE.
March 13th through 15th in Indy– the NHC First Round judging will be held. We need BJCP judges to attend and help with this event, and as we recently had a number of members pass the tasting exam we expect to have a strong presence at this event to help out. Plan accordingly!
Results — 6th Annual Gordon Biersch Brew Off
Thanks to everyone who entered a beer for the GB Brew Off! We had 11 entries and the competition was fierce! Our winners–
1st Place — Craig Gardone — Russian Imperial Stout
2nd Place — Brandon Schaefer — Nutella Porter
3rd Place — Jonathan Wurth — American Porter
HM — Trevor Cole Brock — Peanut Butter Stout
HM — Clayton Willinger — Chocolate Coconut Porter Kettle Sour