• Each brewer is responsible for going to our sign up sheet https://forms.gle/Aks8GhiBNkRo2jqZ6 to register to brew and submit their recipe. The deadline to submit a recipe is July 23rd.
• ABW will supply all basic ingredients at no cost to you (hops, malt, yeast). Pickup of ingredients will be during their business hours from Aug 1st to Aug 14th.
• Fresh wort must be brought over to ABW during their business hours from Aug 21st to Aug 28th. Yeast will be pitched on site and allowed to ferment in a climate controlled room held at 72F.
• Please label your fermentation vessel prior to drop-off. It is your responsibility to check on the beer and complete any additions and transfers.
• ABW will carbonate the beers, but you must have your beer in a keg by September 19th. If you do not have a keg, please let us know and we will work on acquiring one for you.
• Recipes must be limited to 1.060 and up to 10 gallons.
• Recipes should not include expensive fruits, syrups, difficult to source ingredients, excessive hop bills, etc. Anything in excess must be provided on your own dime.
• The default yeast provided will be the house yeast (US-05 or WLP099), unless you specify otherwise when you submit your recipe.
• You must be a LAGERS member to enter.
A basic timeline consists of 2-3 weeks to primary, 1 week in secondary/crash cooling and 1 week carbonating and conditioning. However, you may do whatever you prefer in regards to stages, timing, etc. – it’s your beer and you are responsible for it. Please pressure test your keg first for leaks.
The brew-in for Yappy Hour is an opportunity for us to showcase homebrewing and the Club. You do not have to brew for Yappy Hour to attend or volunteer at the event. We’ll be sending out a separate sign up sheet to volunteer for serving beer with different time slots so you can choose to take a break and get some time to enjoy the event, have some beer, and mingle with friends. We’ll need your help to set up, tear down, and serve the beer.