We are having our third annual Gordon Biersch Brew-Off. The spirit of the competition is to brew some variation on the English Ale theme. Here are the rules:
1) Entries must be brewed to one of the following BJCP Categories:
a) 11: British Bitter
b) 12: Pale Commonwealth Beer
c) 13: Brown British Beer
(for more information, see: http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf)
2) Entries may be brewed using:
a) Whirlpool and/or dry hopping, if appropriate to the style
b) Table sugar, treacle or molasses, if appropriate to the style
c) Any ale yeast strain, preferably British or Scottish though …
3) Entries may not be brewed using:
a) Inappropriate adjuncts or syrups (Belgian, honey, maple, etc)
b) Spices, Herbs or fruits
c) Anything funky or farmhousy (Brett, Lacto, Pedio, etc.)
This is a bottle competition and brewers are:
1) Limited to two unique entries.
2) Must submit three 12-oz bottles per entry
3) Must submit full recipe per entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Attach a label to each bottle (rubber bands only, no sticker labels)
a) Brewer Name
b) Brewer Contact
c) BJCP Category
d) BJCP Style
The competition is free and open to all LAGERS club members. There are two ways to register:
1) Website: www.lagersclub.com
2) Direct Link: https://goo.gl/forms/uZf6gefR03YlAGWT2
If you need, then you can also go to http://lagersclub.com/wp/membership-info/ to renew your membership via PayPal.
This is a style specific competition. Judges will evaluate beers according to style, including their fermentation, cleanliness, balance, recipe and overall flavor profile. Judges will be choosing their favorite beer out of all the entries and not the best entry per category.
Entries are due between Tuesday, January 3rd and Friday, January 6th and will be judged on Saturday, January 7th at Gordon Biersch.
The winner will brew their beer with brewmaster Nicholas Landers to be served on tap at the GB Brewery and Restaurant. Proceeds from the first day’s tapping will go to the KY Humane Society.
March 11, 2017 | 8:00am to 5:00pm
Winning Golden British Ale by Christopher Owen.