Goodwood will be hosting a brew-in at their facility on April 15th from 8:30 am to 4pm. You are invited to bring out your brewing equipment to brew up a batch of your finest. In addition, beers brewed on site are eligible for the Goodwood Bud Hope Memorial Brew-off
Competition, where the winning batch will be brewed and served at Goodwood.
What: Brew-In, Brew-Off and Social
Where: Goodwood Brewing Company, 636 E Main St, Louisville, KY 40202 When: Saturday, April 15th from 8:30 am to 4 pm
What and Who to Bring:
1) All of your brewing equipment (!)
- All the little stuff not listed above(!)
2) A keg of homebrew to share (jockey box will be set up)
3) A side dish (warm or cold) to share
4) Friends and Family (2-legged only)
5) People new to brewing
– You must go the Google Form and register to enter (see link below)
– You must brew your entry on-site at the brew-in* (see below)
– One winning beer will be selected, and the winning brewer will be invited to brew a 7-barrel batch ofthe beer with Goodwood, which will be put on draft in the taproom
– Open to any style of Belgian ale
– Limit of one entry per person
– Gravity limit is 1.056, 14%, 14P
– Ferment with any Belgian yeast, however, no brett, no bugs.
– Spices may be used
– Syrups may be used (Belgian, Fruit, Molasses, etc.)
– No whole fruit may be used
– Brewers may not pitch yeast on premises (state law…)
– Brewers will bring a keg of the finished beer to the May Equipment swap at ABW for judging (we canloan you a keg if you don’t keg yet).
– Brewers must submit their full recipe with their registration (email@example.com)
– The Goodwood brew crew will judge the beer entries for the Bud Hope Memorial Brew-Off
– Folks at the equipment swap will judge for the Club popular vote competition winnerDay of Special Instructions
– Feel free to bring homebrew to share in the brewery. However, only beer purchased in the taproom may be consumed in the taproom (more state laws…).
– Additional special instructions will be given at the brew-in
* The purpose is to reward those who brew on site in an effort to get more folks to come out and make this a great event. However, a VERY few number of exceptions will be allowed, for example, your electric brewing system is hardwired into your house. If you are granted and exception, then you will still be expected to attend the brew-in. Simply being unable to attend the event will not be considered as a permissible exception. See the registration form for more instructions.