Akasha is hosting us for a brew-in and competition on March 11th, from 8am to 3pm. The theme this year is CEREAL, so all entries must be brewed with a cereal adjunct – oats, corn or rice. It can be used as flakes or in a cereal mash. The competition is open to all base styles, and you must be a LAGERS member to participate. We will also serve as a Club social. Jason Rosenberger will be bringing the smoked BBQ, and we will have the jockey boxes flowing.
Where: Akahsha Brewing Company, 909 E Market St #700, Louisville, KY 40206
When: March 11th from 8:00 am to 3 pmWhat and Who to Bring:
- All of your brewing equipment (!)
- All the little stuff not listed above(!)
- A keg of homebrew to share (jockey box will be set up)
- A side dish (warm or cold) to share
- Friends and Family (2-legged only)
- People new to brewing
Akasha will have all the hot water we can use, and will have Chico (001), Whitbread (007) and possibly lager (830, 34/70) yeast available if you need it.
- One winning beer will be selected, and the winning brewer will be invited to brew a 7-barrel batch of the beer with Akasha, which will be put on draft in the taproom
- Open to any BJCP style (2015 guidelines)
- Beers brewed at the brew-in are the only beers accepted in the competition *
- Limit of one entry per person
- No cider, perry or mead
- Gravity limit is 1.060 (15P)
- Ferment with US-05/WLP001/Wyeast 1056, S-04/WLP007/Wyeast 1098, T-58/WLP565/Wyeast 3724, [W-34/70]/WLP830/Wyeast 2124.
- No syrups, fruit, fruit juice, or other fermentable adjuncts except cane/beet sugar. (If in doubt, please ask.)
- No lactose sugar
- Spices are allowed
- Brewers may not pitch yeast on premises (state law…)
- Brewers will ferment and package at home
- Brewers will drop off two 12-oz or larger bottles of beer
- Brewers must submit their full recipe
- The Akasha brew crew will judge beer entries
- Submit your entries at the taproom by Thursday, April 13th
Day of Special Instructions
- Although we welcome dogs in the taproom, please leave your four-legged brew buddy home on brew day.
- Feel free to bring homebrew to share inside the brewery. However, only beer purchased in the taproom may be consumed in the taproom (more state laws…).
- Additional special instructions will be given at the brew-in
* The purpose is to reward those who brew on site in an effort to get more folks to come out and make this a great event. However, a VERY few number of exceptions will be allowed, for example, your electric brewing system is hardwired into your house. If you are granted and exception, then you will still be expected to attend the brew-in. See the registration form for more instructions.